background

Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Planning my 8 year old daughter's birthday party

Well, this year I have been at a loss for ideas for her party.  I asked my blogger friends over at BlogFrog for ideas, which helped me tremendously.  This year we still have the favorite colors of bright blue and bright green, which were the colors of last year's party too.  She loves the peace sign, I guess all the kids her age are really into it right now.  Funny how things always come back in style.  We are having a two layer Bright Blue and Bright Green Peace sign cake.  Then she is going to have 8 of her dear little friends come over for a night of sleep over madness.  LOL!  So, I decided going with the cake that it would be fun for the girls to make tie dye t-shirts!  Yes I am feeling brave.  Then on Saturday I am taking them skating!  I will be one tires little chick come Saturday night, but she will only be 8 once.  Time really has flown by.  When she was just a baby, I don't think I every thought she was really going to grow up and be her own person.  I sure will miss the times that she wants to cuddle and to just lay with me and talk. Hopefully, those days will not end anytime soon.  

I got my new Nikon camera so I will be able to post lots and lots of pictures soon.  I also ordered some new books on how to blog.  I want my space to be as inviting and interesting as the ones I follow.  This new hobby has been a blessing to me.  It really gives me lots to do and think about.  Thanks fellow blogger's!  

3 comments:

  1. sounds like a fun theme - a sleepover? you are brave - my girls are 15-5 and I have YET to try a sleepover party, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a fun night! It was funny to listen to them talk with one another. They stayed up till 5 am!!!! Now that was NOT fun! LOL. They also came and got me at 4am to cook them breakfast. I said GO TO BED. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. You should check out Mommytography's website. I just jumped in mid-year. These moms take one photo a day (it's called Project 365) in order to learn how to use their cameras better. Most are professional photographer wanna-bes or in-training. I, however, am just a mom who wants to learn how to use her new camera and I haven't a clue what I am doing! Come on over and visit! See what I'm doing! (Scroll down to my posts that have "365" in the title...they are my Project 365 posts...) I'd love to see some of your pics posted that you take with your Nikon!

    ReplyDelete