background

Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Easter Blessings

This Easter my daughter and I went with my parents to the beach.  It was a very fun trip.  I can't say that we relaxed a lot, since Bailey has to always be on the go (LOL).  One thing that I did miss this Easter was attending a church service.  Just to tell you a little more about why I feel this way.  Well, I was with my husband for a total of 14 years and during the 14 years I can count on one hand how many times he went to church with me.  Shortly after we separated I decided I needed to get back into church and raise my daughter as I was, in church.  I also had came to the realization that I was going no where fast and that the only way out of my deep, deep hole would be to return to God.  I knew I needed a marriage that had God as its center, but me being young thought I would worry about changing him later.  Well, we all know that does not ever happen.  I know in order for me to be the parent that God intended me to be I have to find my purpose.  So I have really turned myself and my daughter to God.  I would love to say that I am finally in the place I am meant to be, but I can't.  God isn't finished with me yet.  I have been in the deepest despair that you could ever imagine, I would honestly cry out for God to just take me away from the pain. But no he ignored that cry and I am so thankful that he did.  Its funny I use to wonder sometimes how do I know when God is talking to me, what does he want me to hear?  Well I have found 2 times recently that my daughter has given me his message....  The first time we were riding home from dance class and she said "mommy don't be sad....God took Daddy away from us, because he knew daddy was mean to us and he has something better in mind for us."  I almost slammed on the breaks and just cried.  Here I am sad, crying, depressed wondering how I deserved all of this and there was my answer from my 7 year old little girl.....I know that I may not understand now what those reason are or have the answer to all my why's, but one day God will show me.  He is just preparing me now.  The 2nd time God has spoken to me through Bailey was this past weekend.  We were out on the beach taking pictures with the white dress and barefoot in the sand; you know the ones.  Well I asked her to write her name in the sand and I was going to take a picture of it and put it with the others.  Well, I am over there trying to get just the right angle when I notice she is writing something else.  When I go over to my surprise a 7 year old has written "Love will find you".  I said Bailey where did you hear that, who told you that?  She said I just know....  I'm like wow....another message from God.  I truly do long to have a husband who adores me and my daughter.  A house that will feel more like a home with a loving family inside.  I do want these things, as I see many friends take these specials moments with their families for granted.  It makes me want to say hey, have you ever stopped for a second to think about what it would feel like to wake up one day and all that be gone....Well I did and it is no joke.  It smacks you in the face like a ton of bricks and it is something that will take me a long time to get over.  So, I do pray that God will send that man to me, the one who is Godly in his ways, leader of the family without being controlling, someone to love my Bailey as his own.  Maybe this was just one way of God reaching out to me once again.  It was very touching to me and I am still reflecting on it.  I am trying to tell myself life is short, everything doesn't have to be perfect and to enjoy the little things like that big hug that my daughter gives me so often.  I hope that this has reached someone that is in the same situation that I am in. Things will get better, I just need to be patient!

No comments:

Post a Comment